"This is a very important entity," says ORRA President Jeffrey M. Fagan. "It's worthy to note that ORRA has been offered a leadership role among the high-profile Orlando businesses, governmental, and nonprofit leaders who sit on the task force."
Frankie's assignment is to lead the Accessibility & Opportunity Subcommittee through the completion of its two key goals:
- Increasing the housing supply to meet the needs of all current and future residents;
- Encouraging diversity of housing types and energy-efficient housing.
- Encourage affordable housing near employment centers, transit, and essential community services;
- Support mixed-use walkable neighborhoods connected by transit;
- Identify potential areas for affordable housing in designated Areas of Access & Opportunity;
- Promote adaptive reuse of existing non-residential structures;
- Encourage rehabilitation of existing residential buildings;
- Establish a campaign to educate the community on factors that affect affordability;
- Establish a comprehensive marketing plan to increase awareness of housing affordability resources;
- Expand pre-purchase education and training;
- Partner with higher education, hospitals, and employers to support investments in workforce education and training;
- Promote state housing legislation.
Learn more about Housing For All
ORRA members are welcomed and encouraged to attend meeting of both the task force and its three subcommittees.
Housing For All Task Force
Accessibility & Opportunity Subcommittee (pdf)
Innovation & Sustainability Subcommittee (pdf)
Design & Infrastructure Subcommittee (pdf)